Perfect weather is here! Get ready to start playing your favorite sport. But no matter which one you’re into, you’ll want to be careful. As it gets warmer out, we tend to overdo it with excitement and overstep our boundaries!
Below you’ll find the Top 5 Foot and Ankle Injuries to avoid:
- Ankle Sprains – An ankle sprain is an injury to one or more ligaments in the ankle. Avoid ankle sprains by taping/bracing your ankles or strengthening them using a towel.
- Peroneal Tendon Injuries – A tendon is tissue that connects a muscle to a bone. The main purpose of the peroneal tendons is to stabilize the foot and ankle and protect them from sprains. Run on level surfaces and avoid things like rocks or holes.
- Fractures – A fracture or “break,” in a bone can cause pain, swelling, redness, and bruising. These are possible signs of a fracture.
- Chronic Ankle Instability – Ankle Instability is characterized by a recurring “giving way” of the outer side of the ankle. Prevent ankle instability with braces or therapy to strengthen your ankles.
- Stress Fractures – Stress Fractures are tiny breaks that can occur in the bones of the foot. Overtraining/overuse, improper exercising habits, improper shoes or foot deformities can cause them.
Visit our services page where you’ll find free videos describing each Foot and Ankle related condition, their causes and treatments.