Don’t Let Muscle & Tendon Pain Slow You Down
There is a new way to treat foot and ankle muscle pain and/or tendon pain that significantly impairs mobility or quality of life. Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT®) is the most advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment method cleared by the FDA. This proprietary technology is based on a unique set of pressure waves that stimulate the metabolism, enhance blood circulation and accelerate the healing process.
The beneficial effects of EPAT® are often experienced after only 3 treatments. Some patients report immediate pain relief after the treatment, although it can take up to four weeks for pain relief to begin. The procedure eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving your quality of life. Over 80% of patients treated report to be pain-free and/or have significant pain reduction.
This FDA cleared technology was developed in Europe and is currently used around the globe. A wealth of medical experience, state-of-the-art engineering, and optimal quality have been built into each EPAT® device, and extensive clinical studies and tests have confirmed its safety and efficacy. If performed by a qualified caregiver Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT®) has virtually no risks or side effects.
How is the treatment performed?
Coupling gel is applied to the treatment area of interest to enhance effectiveness. After these preparations, EPAT® pressure waves are released via the applicator moved over the area of interest in a circular motion.
EPAT® has a proven success rate that is equal to or greater than that of traditional treatment methods (including surgery) and without the risks, complications and lengthy recovery time. EPAT® is performed in your physician’s office, does not require anesthesia, requires a minimal amount of time, patients can bear weight (i.e. walk) immediately, and return to normal activity within a few days of the procedure.
Benefits of Non-Invasive EPAT®
- Patients are immediately fully weight bearing.
- No incision–No risk of infection at the treatment site–No scar tissue formation.
- Patients are able to return to work/normal activities within 24-48 hours, resuming strenuous activities after 4 weeks.
- Patients evaluated for success at
- Over 80% successful outcomes
- Non-invasive so biomechanics are not affected–future treatment options are not limited.
- Cost Effective.
- Reduced conservative care–ends the cycle– Reduced aftercare and complications costs.
- Reduced cost from lost work.
- Fast, safe and effective.
- Does not require anesthesia.